Published: February 29, 2012
MANILA, Philippines – The 2011 bar exam results once again manifest dominance of Ateneo de Manila University law students.
Examinees from ADMU occupied three spots of the 2011 bar exams Top 10 passers, including the top-notcher, second and the eighth placer.
From a total of 5,987 law students who took the bar exams last year at the University of Santo Tomas, España, Manila, 1,913 of them passed the test. This is equivalent to 31.95 percent passing rate.
Here is the list of Top 10 newest lawyers in the country based on the official result released by the Supreme Court this afternoon:
1. Raoul Atadero (Ateneo de Manila University) – 85.536%
2. Luz Bolong (Ateneo de Manila University) – 84.556%
3. Cherry Rafal-Roble (Arellano University) – 84.455%
4. Rosemil Banaga (Notre Dame, Cotabato) – 84.122%
5. Christian Louie Gonzales (UST ) – 84.093%
6. Ivan Bandal (Silliman University) – 84.090%
7. Eirene Acosta (San Beda College) – 84.066%
8. Irene Marie Qua (Ateneo de Manila University) – 84.057%
9. Elaine Lacerda (Far Eastern University-DLSU) – 84.040%
10. Rodolfo Aquino (San Beda College) – 83.727%
In 2010, an Ateneo graduate also topped the bar exams.
According to Supreme Court Associate Justice Roberto Abad, chairman of the 2011 bar examinations committee, 50 percent passed the legal opinion essay while 15 percent on the trial memorandum essay part.
Oath-taking for the 2011 bar exams passers is scheduled on March 21, 2012, 2:00 o’clock in the afternoon, at PICC.